“Fear is Trusting in your own Power.” – Marianne Williamson
Wow. Anyone else get goosebumps after reading that quote? I sure did. It truly resonates with me. Personally I have been one who has fought with that. Fearing my own power. Being so incredibly powerful (not the power that would take over the world for my own selfish reasons) but a power that resides within and removes lack, worry and fear, when you think of something BAM! it is manifested. It already happens and I am amazed every time. I know, like I know, like I know how the “Laws” work yet will it (trusting that power) consume me? Will it take me over? Will I loose all that I know as “Shay” and who she has been? Maybe. But what if the new Shay is so much better, so much more of service, can assist that many more people? Who am I to hold that back? How dare I hold that back? It also ties into the Phoenix which is a symbol that is sooooo me. So near and dear to my heart and is really who I am and am becoming. That symbol has also scared me ever since it showed up in a dream of mine that woke me up out of a dead sleep not too many years ago. (I will have to tell you more about the Phoenix another time but it is a really cool story!)
This quote also reminds me of Marianne’s other quote:
- Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.’ We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
I have even re-worked it, put it into more of an “I Am” statement, present tense form and this is what is on my bathroom mirror to read everyday.
“I am powerful beyond measure.
It is my light that empowers.
I am brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous.
I am a child of the Universe.
I play BIG to serve the world.
I am enlightened.
People feel secure around me.
I shine, just as children do.
I was born to make manifest the glory of God that is within me.
As I let my own light shine, I unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
I am liberated from my own fear.
My presence automatically liberates others.”
-Marianne Williamson re-written by Shay Wheat
The thing is we all have this immense power we possess and can tap into. The question is will we allow the fear to take over and leave the power within dormant or do we allow our own Phoenix to open its wings and be reborn to take flight once again. You are that powerful and to me it feels like it’s time that more and more of us trust in that fear of our power and let the light shine. It’s time to StandUpAndLead. Lead yourself and your presence will automatically liberate others to do the same.
I look forward to your comments and emails on times you have trusted your power, what you currently fear is holding you back and how you are taking action to move forward or looking for support to move forward. We are here to Shine and I am so excited to be on this journey with you. Let’s lock arms together and make a difference.
Love and Light,
Love StandUpAndLead and want to participate?
Post a note, take a picture, and e-mail your story to StandUpAndLeadNote@gmail.com. Each note goes up on the site for thousands of others to read and enjoy! Be one to make a change in the world… it starts with YOU!
- Make Your Vision So Clear That Your Fears Become Irrelevant
- “Spend your life doing strange things with weird people.”
- Axtell Park 8th graders’ act of kindness warms hearts
- Never Find it until you let it go
- Leaders & Starting a Movement
- Plan B, Status Quo, No Matter What!
- How Dreams Come True
- What others Think vs What you Think
- Face Your Fears…It’s the New Normal
- Return to Happiness: Great Friends are in it for the Long Haul