Friday Notes – March 16, 2012
” Take risks. You never move forward if you stay in the same place.” Meghan McCain, writer, author
I’m sure you have heard, “No Risk, No Reward” right? Same thing goes for the below note, Let’s have more “Oh wells” vs “What ifs”. I heard a study was done of people who were close to the end of their life, living in retirement homes answer the question/phrase “looking back at your life, what would you say?” The large majority of them said “I wish I had taken more risks”.
Life is all about “Experiences”, things on your Bucket List, things you wouldn’t normally do. This year for me, my “Theme” is to have more “Experiences”. Thus far I have become a model – where I was able to wear a wedding dress, get my hair and make-up done, be photographed by a ton of different photographers and ended up with some amazing pictures! I also tried out for a movie and got a role! Both are “Experiences” I would never have had if I didn’t get out of my own way.
What “Experiences” are you looking to have this year?
Love StandUpAndLead and want to participate?
Post a note, take a picture, and e-mail your story to StandUpAndLeadNote@gmail.com. Each note goes up on the site for thousands of others to read and enjoy! Be one to make a change in the world… it starts with YOU!
- Make Your Vision So Clear That Your Fears Become Irrelevant
- Axtell Park 8th graders’ act of kindness warms hearts
- Never Find it until you let it go
- Leaders & Starting a Movement
- “Fear is Trusting in your own Power.” – Marianne Williamson
- Plan B, Status Quo, No Matter What!
- How Dreams Come True
- What others Think vs What you Think
- Face Your Fears…It’s the New Normal
- Return to Happiness: Great Friends are in it for the Long Haul