Inspirational Notes and Quotes – June 13, 2012
“When I hit a wall and feel overburdened, I think of my 78-year-old mother who still volunteers for friends and family. This puts things in perspective.” – Maureen Pennington, Senior Nurse Executive, U.S. Naval Medical Center San Diego, 2007 Minerva Award Recipient
Posted By: Jillian T.
Thanks Jullian, that is so true! Ever notice when we simply change our perspective, our outcome has the potential to change as well? The old saying “if you keep doing what you’ve always done, you will keep getting what you’ve always got” fits nicely here as well. You are the only one with the choice to change your perspective, the question is…will you?
Peggy Writes: “I found the note on a bathroom mirror in a movie theater — loved it, took the photo and found Stand Up and Lead on the web. Such a simple and serendipitous way to share strength and leadership. Can’t wait to participate.”
Thanks so much Peggy. We are glad you are participating with us and we look forward to seeing some of your notes soon!
Love StandUpAndLead and want to participate?
Post a note, take a picture, and e-mail your story to StandUpAndLeadNote@gmail.com. Each note goes up on the site for thousands of others to read and enjoy! Be one to make a change in the world… it starts with YOU!
- Make Your Vision So Clear That Your Fears Become Irrelevant
- “Spend your life doing strange things with weird people.”
- Axtell Park 8th graders’ act of kindness warms hearts
- Never Find it until you let it go
- “Fear is Trusting in your own Power.” – Marianne Williamson
- Plan B, Status Quo, No Matter What!
- How Dreams Come True
- What others Think vs What you Think
- Face Your Fears…It’s the New Normal
- Return to Happiness: Great Friends are in it for the Long Haul