Nemo, Upbringings and Comparisions
What does Dory from the Disney movie “Finding Nemo” have to do with human being upbringings and comparisons?I love sitting down with people with different backgrounds and upbringings. It fascinates me to learn about their path and journey to where they are today. Yesterday I had a fantastic meeting with Jenifer M. and she mentioned something she has learned that really is quite impactful that I asked if I could share it.“Don’t compare your insides to others outsides”.Love that! Why do we compare ourselves to others? We have no idea what path and journey they are on and if they are “living their truth”. Things might look all fine and dandy on the outside but I’ve realized, through my coaching and training practice, that we all have things we are working on…myself included.So in the words of the great “Dory” from the movie Finding Nemo,“Just keep swimming” aka Stand Up And Lead
Love StandUpAndLead and want to participate?
Post a note, take a picture, and e-mail your story to StandUpAndLeadNote@gmail.com. Each note goes up on the site for thousands of others to read and enjoy! Be one to make a change in the world… it starts with YOU!
- Make Your Vision So Clear That Your Fears Become Irrelevant
- Axtell Park 8th graders’ act of kindness warms hearts
- Never Find it until you let it go
- Leaders & Starting a Movement
- “Fear is Trusting in your own Power.” – Marianne Williamson
- Plan B, Status Quo, No Matter What!
- How Dreams Come True
- What others Think vs What you Think
- Face Your Fears…It’s the New Normal
- Return to Happiness: Great Friends are in it for the Long Haul