Posts tagged movement
1. A leader needs the guts to stand out and be ridiculed but be easy to follow as well.
2. 1st follower has the most crucial role: They show everyone else how to follow.
In this step the Leader must embrace the 1st follower as an equal. It is no longer about the leader, it is about them…plural.
3. The 1st follower is the most underestimated one in leadership. They are the ones who call on more followers. The 1st follower is the one that transforms the 1st nut into a leader.
4. Enter in the 2nd follower and you start to have a crowd.
A Movement must be public. It is important to not just show the leader but the followers because New followers emulate the followers and not the leader.
5. You start having more followers and more followers and thus momentum and then a tipping point thus a MOVEMENT!
6. As more people join in, it is less risky. Those that were sitting on the fence before have no reason not to. They won’t stand out, they won’t be ridiculed but they will be part of the in crowd if they hurry.
7. Then you start to get the ones who like to stick with the crowd because they will be ridiculed for not being a part of it.
1. If you are the 1st one, remember to treat and nurture your 1st followers and treat them as equals.
2. Leadership is often over-glorified. Yes it takes one to Stand Up And Lead but it is the 1st few followers who transform the “lone nut” into a leader.
Have the courage to follow and show others to follow. When you find a “lone nut” doing something great, have the guts to stand up and join in.
Love StandUpAndLead and want to participate?
Post a note, take a picture, and e-mail your story to StandUpAndLeadNote@gmail.com. Each note goes up on the site for thousands of others to read and enjoy! Be one to make a change in the world… it starts with YOU!